no bones

no bones
Back off short stuff, It's mine!

Monday, October 25, 2010

Where to start

I have been cooking for many years now and as with most things I have improved over time. I have a pretty large collection of recipes and enjoy every one of them. I was sitting here wondering what I would write about on the days when I just have leftovers or maybe don't feel like cooking. (yes, it does happen on rare occasions) I came up with a plan. When I am not cooking I will just pull up one of my old recipes and post it here. I figure with my facebook page getting tons of comments from so many over the meals I prepare that once people start checking out my blog it would be nice to have something more than just my rambling on about how I love to cook.
Now here is the next hard part. I have been going over so many different recipes in my head. Do I post a dish for chicken, beef, seafood? Where do I start? Then it hit me. - I will start with appetizers and work from there. <ka_ching... the light bulb came on>
My first appetizer dish will be:
appetizer triangles
This one is so very simple and can be changed up in various ways. It is sure to please many at your next party.


CRESCENT ROLLS
REMOVE DOUGH FROM CAN AND ROLL OUT.
TAKE ONE PRECUT TRIANGLE AND CUT IN HALF TO FORM 2 TRIANGLES. REPEAT THIS STEP ONE AT A TIME WITH EACH PRECUT SECTION.

USE VARIOUS FILLINGS AND DIP OR ROLL IN DIFFERENT TOPPINGS TO GO WITH FILLING INSIDE.
  1. SHREDDED CHICKEN, SPINACH, AND FETA CHEESE
  2. GROUND PORK, JALAPENO, AND JACK CHEESE
  3. GROUND BEEF, TOMATOES, BASIL, AND MOZZARELLA
  4. APPLES, CINNAMON, CREAM CHEESE, FLOUR, AND SUGAR

THE VARIANCES ARE ENDLESS WITH THIS ONE. AS WELL AS THE TOPPINGS

ROLL IN SESAME SEEDS, POPPY SEEDS, DIFFERENT HERBS/CHEESE, SUGARS, SPICES.
JUST USE YOUR IMAGINATION

COOK ACCORDING TO DIRECTIONS ON THE CRESCENT ROLLS

**Give this one a try and let me know what you think, how it turns out for you, what your guests thought of it. My favorite is #3 and then roll it in a parmesan/oregano mixture and bake.

No comments:

Post a Comment