no bones

no bones
Back off short stuff, It's mine!

Saturday, October 30, 2010

let's talk pork

I dug around in my big freezer trying to decide what to fix for dinner tonight. I decided on a boston pork butt. Now, how was I going to prepare it? After looking in the pantry and scrounging my brain I came up with something. I put some worcestershire sauce, bbq sauce, hot pepper sauce, onions, carrots, garlic, and celery in the crockpot. Then I added about 1 1/2 cups of water 1/2 cup sugar, salt & pepper, and some sage. I added the pork butt and turned it on to cook high for 6 hours. It has been cooking for almost that now and I just checked on it. I had to pinch off a piece of meat and it was so tender and flavorful! I think you could put just about anything in a crockpot and have it turn out good.

I am also going to try something with some hot peppers that were given to us. I was told that one particular pepper was good when battered and fried so I am going to try a cornmeal batter dip that is slightly sweet to offset the heat from the peppers. I have four different pepper types to try this with and I am really hoping that it turns out. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. I believe I need to create some kind of dip for it as well. I will have to think on that one and make another post.

For another side dish I am going to make some mac n cheese and am going to top it with some bread crumbs and then bake it in the oven. Wow, I need to stop writing and start cooking on the rest. It is making me hungry talking about it.

Talk to me people! Tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment